Hometown History is fortunate to have experienced historical and genealogical researchers on its staff, specializing in Connecticut's Lower Naugatuck Valley (Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, Seymour, Shelton) and the Bridgeport, New Haven, and Waterbury areas. Local research topics include:
- E-mail your research request to Hometown History. Please include any information which will assist our researchers in seeking the most complete answers in a timely fashion.
- Hometown History staff will evaluate the feasibility of the research request.
- All requests will be answered. If the research request is feasible, a Research Plan and Contract will be e-mailed to the requestor. The contract will include estimated time, materials, and distance needed to complete the request, as well as a research fee, which must be prepaid. A minimum of 1 hour ($40) will be charged.
- Once the Contract and research fee is received, the research will begin.
- If it appears additional research fees will be required, a detailed progress report will be sent, as well as a revised Research Plan.
- At the conclusion of the research, all results will be mailed, or e-mailed to the requestor. A detailed report illustrating all expenses will also be sent at this time. If the research fees are less than the prepaid research fee, the balance will be refunded
Time spent - $40 per hour, divided into 15 minute increments.
Distance traveled - The first 25 miles are free. After that $0.50 per mile will be charged.
Photocopies - $0.20 per copy.
Photographs - Price varies according to size.
Although every effort will be made, Hometown History cannot guarantee results.
At this time, Hometown History can only accept cash or checks. We cannot process credit cards.
We care about our reputation! We realize that prepaying research fees requires a level of trust. Every attempt will be made to answer research requests in the most professional, timely and efficient manner possible. Throughout the research process, we will keep you informed with updates, progress, complications, and any other developments.